Friday, April 8, 2011

Saved and Shaved

From James...

On May 21 I will be shaving my head for the second time in my life, but this time on purpose.  The last time I did it, I was cutting my own hair and got distracted by a phone call just as I was getting started.  When I got off the phone, I picked up the shearers and buzzed right down the middle of my head.  When I saw all the hair on the floor, I realized that I had forgotten to put any guard on so I had a bald line down the middle of my head with hair on either side (sort of like God parting the Red Sea with dry ground in the middle).  With a hairdo like that, there is not much you can do except to take the rest off.  Here is a picture of what I looked like then (holding my nephew).


This time, I will be shaving my head on purpose and for a good cause:  research for a cure for cancer.  I will showing my support to Cam, a boy in my church who has been battling cancer for several years now.  He is an awesome kid that I am honored to know.  I will be part of the team "Saved and Shaved" from my church.  There are quite a few of us out to show our support for Cam.  If you would like to support me, you can click on the following link:  http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/jamestkendall  I'm sure Temarie will post pictures of before, during, and after.  If you live in the Raleigh area, come out and support us at Tyler's Taproom in Apex May 21.  Head shaving begins at noon.  There is also a Coldstone Creamery fundraiser this Tuesday from 5-8 at the Coldstone in Beaver Creek. We will definitely be there to help support Cam and to eat some great ice cream!

1 comment:

Temarie said...

I can't wait to see you bald again :-)